Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Layered Braids

This was my first time braiding Babydolls whole head, and it took me longer then I expected. I actually didn't even have a particular braid design in mind when i started, i just freestyled. (yes, i do that a lot. And yes, thats how my blogs name came to be)
I started by parting her hair into 3 sections (1 across the front of her head, 1 in the middle, and 1 in the back) I braided the back first, just doing straight cornrows going down and then continuing to braid down to the end of the hair. Then moved up to the middle section and did the same thing. For the front section I did 2 braids going back on the right side of her head, but for the left I did a few braids going to the side (See picture).
So this style ended up taking me about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs. Probably wont be doing this again real soon.
Photobucket
Dont mind her face in that pic, it was naptime.
The are a couple of things you can do to change the style up a little bit. We put barrettes in for school the next day.
Photobucket
And curled ends are really cute too.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment